Filtering your dashboards is a powerful way for you to segment data and discover insights across your application. Simply choose which fields you want to filter and a date range and click 'GO'.
The process for filtering in favorites dashboards is very similar to the default dashboards in SpeedCurve. However, there are some things worth mentioning.
Your favorites filters include the following:
- Sites (Synthetic Only)
- Domains (LUX Only)
- Page Labels (LUX & Synthetic, LUX or Synthetic)
- Browser (Synthetic Browser, LUX device type, LUX Browser Type or LUX Browser Version)
- Regions (Synthetic and LUX or LUX Only)
- Connection Types (Both)
- Make sure you are filtering based on the data source. Sometimes it's easy to select a filter for Synthetic when you really wanted it for LUX.
- Sites != Domains. Sites are specific to synthetic tests and domains are specific to your monitored LUX domains. They will be ignored if they don't apply to your data set.
- You have some cool options when filtering. You can use "Each" when filtering to see the top 5 values for that filter. Don't see something you expect in the list? Try typing it out exactly as you would expect it to appear. If the value exists in your data set, we will show it!
- Dashboard filters are persisted to your account. They will not be applied for other users when you leave them set, but you'll see them the next time you log in. If you want to send a pre-filtered dashboard to a teammate, simply copy the url from your address bar!
In addition to dashboard level filtering, you have the option to make filters 'sticky' to a chart in your dashboard. This can be really useful when you want to see something specific in your charts, such as a group of pages, a comparison between mobile and desktop, a regional breakdown, etc. You have the option of adding filters when you first create your chart, or when editing later.
- Chart filters have priority over dashboard filters. When you filter a dashboard, your chart filters will still be applied.
- Performance budgets will only include chart level filters (dashboard filters will not apply).
- Dashboard filters will not apply to weekly email reports. Like budgets, chart filters are the only filters that are included.
For a detailed walkthrough of filtering, check out this video.