The Budgets dashboard is a visualization that lets you see at a glance all your web performance budgets, as well as which budgets have been violated.
The Budgets dashboard is part of your Favorites ecosystem. This ecosystem also allows you to:
- Create custom charts and dashboards
- Create performance budgets and get alerts when your budgets are crossed
- Generate weekly email reports that summarize the activity of your key metrics
These are all important features, but we wanted to do more. We wanted to make it even easier for you to see at a glance the status of all your performance budgets so that you can quickly home in on the metrics that are hurting the most, and then drill down to diagnose the issues that are affecting performance the most.
The Budgets dashboard is available as in your global left-hand navbar. Click on any budget to drill down into each metric.
Let's take a look at a performance budget that's been violated. In the red pane below, you can see that while the target backend time is 0.25 seconds, the actual backend time is 0.52 seconds. When you expand this metric, you can also see that not only is backend time at least 27% over budget across all segments in this budget, it's been that way for more than 30 days.
To drill down into the charts for each budget, just click on the link for that metric. That will take you to the detailed time series chart in your Favorites dashboard. You can then click on any point in the series to drill down into the results page for that test:
Your test results page contains a lot of great information, including suggested performance fixes for that page.
- If you've already created custom charts and assigned performance budgets for them, then your Budgets dashboard is live right now.
- If you haven't already done so, create some custom charts within your Favorites dashboard.
- Within those charts, create a performance budget for each chart.
- Go to your Budgets dashboard to see at a glance which of your metrics are over and under budget.
Updated 3 months ago